Call for Papers
Info Authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 9 pages, including figures and references) or short papers (up to 4 pages, including figures and references) in PDF format via the Submission Site: https://srmv2.eg.org/COMFy/Conference/WEB3D_2015
Papers must be formatted using the document templates for conferences sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH (see http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors).
We welcome the submission of papers presenting original work in Web3D research and application on the topics including but not limited to as described below. All submissions will be peer-reviewed for quality and contribution by the conference International Program Committee. In collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief of Graphical Models, the best papers of Web3D 2015 will be invited to submit their extended versions for publication in a forthcoming special issue of the journal after an additional review cycle.
The 20th International Conference on 3D Web Technology (Web3D2015) will address an extensive range of research topics related to Web-based 3D Graphics. These topics include research on simulation and training using Web3D, enabling technology of web-aware, interactive 3D graphics from mobile devices up to high-end immersive environments, and the use of ubiquitous multi-media across a wide range of applications and environments from:
- Cultural Heritage,
- Telemedicine (eHealth),
- Education (eLearning),
- Creativity and Digital Art,
- Public Sector (eGovernment)
For the 2015 edition, we welcome works addressing the emerging opportunities and research of portable, integrated information spaces over the web including, but not limited to:
- Scalable and interoperable representations and modeling methods for complex geometry, structure, and behaviors.
- 3D similarity search and matching, 3D search interfaces sketch-based approaches.
- Visualization and exploration of 3D object repositories.
- Scientific and medical visualization, medical simulation and training.
- 3D content creation, analysis tools and pipelines, and 3D classification.
- Generative and example-based shape modeling and optimization.
- 3D digitization.
- Streaming and rendering of large-scale models, animations, and virtual worlds.
- 3D compression and model optimization.
- Collaborative operation and distributed virtual environments.
- Web-wide human-computer interaction and 3D User Interfaces.
- 3D City Models & Web3D, Geo-visualization.
- Mixed and Augmented Reality, including standardization aspects.
- Web3D and associated APIs, toolkits, and frameworks.
- Novel Web3D interaction paradigms for mobile/handheld applications.
- Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters.
- Interactive Web 3D applications in all applications and sectors.
- Script algorithms and programming for lightweight Web3D.
- Networking transmission over mobile Internet.
- 3D engine and cloud gaming.
- Data analysis and intelligent algorithms for big Web3D data.